2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, chilled
1/3 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup cinnamon chips
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With a pastry knife, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it is granular in appearance. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
- Mix the egg and buttermilk together in a small bowl. Make a depression in the dry ingredients and add the liquid mixture. Stir with a spatula until moistened.
- Dust the countertop with flour and turn the dough out. Fold the dough together until you have a single, large lump of dough. Pat it into a disk about 8 inches in diameter. Cut the disk into wedges and place them on an ungreased baking sheet with room around them to expand.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until they are golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the frosting, whip the cream cheese until soft. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue beating until soft. Add enough milk to make a soft frosting. Frost the scones while they are still warm.
- Learn more at the “Cinnamon Chip Resource Center.“
- Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
- How to Make Cinnamon Chip Pancakes! Make apple, banana, and pumpkin cinnamon chip pancakes.
- How to Make Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread! This will tell you how to make it from scratch–when you don’t have a mix.
- Cinnamon Chip Biscuits! Often, we pair cinnamon chips with muffins but try them in biscuits.
- Filled Cinnamon Chip Muffins in Ramekins. This is super fun! Bake them in pretty ramekins and then fill them with apple, peach or other fillings.
Get this FREE e-book!
“The Magic of Cinnamon Chips!”
Learn how cinnamon chips transform any recipe into something magical with a burst of flavor in every bite.