This is the other Christmas cookie that Nancy recommends.
Christmas Butter Cookies
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Cream the butter, add the sugar gradually, and cream the mixture until fluffy.
2. Add the unbeaten egg and vanilla and beat well.
3. Sift together the dry ingredients and blend them into the creamed mixture.
4. Chill dough about an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Roll on the dough on a well-floured pastry board to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into shapes with a floured cutter.
6. Bake on an unbuttered cookie sheet for 6 minutes.
Yield: 6 dozen cookies.
Visit The Cookie Center
This recipe is used by permission of Nancy’s Kitchen and Abby’s Recipes.