This makes a scrumptious breakfast or brunch, perfect of the holidays or for guests. It’s not difficult and chances are, you can make it from the ingredients you have on hand. The dish can be assembled and stored in the refrigerator for up to three days in advance and then just pop it in the oven on your busy morning.
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 cup brown sugar
8 slices white bread
5 large eggs
1 cup cream
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
1 teaspoon butter rum flavor (or use a second teaspoon of vanilla)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stovetop, melt the butter. Add the corn syrup and brown sugar and continue heating until the sugar has melted and the mixture is smooth. Spread the hot syrup in a 9 x13-inch pan.
- Arrange the bread slices in a layer in the baking pan, squeezing the bread to make it fit.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, flavors, and salt together.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Place the completed dish in the refrigerator overnight or up to three days.
- Bake for 40 to 445 minutes or until the eggs are set and the toast is a pale golden color. Invert slices onto plates and serve hot.
- How to Bake Like a Pro with Pastry Fillings! We use pastry fillings in anything from French toast to turnovers and cinnamon rolls to give any treat a burst of flavor.
- How to Make Scrumptious Weekend Breakfasts! Make 12 more scrumptious lazy weekend breakfasts like diner-style hash browns, banana bread French toast, and restaurant-quality pancakes.
- Tips for French Toast! These great tips will help you to never have overcooked, soggy, or flavorless French toast again.
- French Fried PB&J Stuffed French Toast! Often, we make PB&J as a simple sandwich, but this battered and fried French toast sandwich takes the classic pairing to the next level.
Learn more at the “French Toast Resource Center.“
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!