A spinach quiche recipe is the second most popular quiche recipe on the internet—and no wonder; it is very good. This one has Swiss cheese and bacon added along with a touch of tarragon.
- 1 nine-inch deep-dish pie shell
- 4 large slices of bacon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dry tarragon
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese, about 6 ounces
- 3/4 cup spinach, partially cooked and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Bake the pie shell at 450 degrees for about ten minutes or until it just starts to turn brown on the edges. It will help the pie shell keep its shape during baking if you line the shell with aluminum foil and then place beans, rice, or pie shell weights in the shell to hold the crust down.
- Cook the spinach until nearly tender. Remove any stems. The spinach should be finely chopped.
- While the pie shell is baking, cook the bacon in the microwave oven until crisp. Cut the bacon into small bits.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, yolks, and flour together. Add the other ingredients, including the bacon and chopped spinach. Pour the mixture into the hot pie shell.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. If the shell starts to brown too quickly, cover the edges with aluminum foil.
Quiche Lorraine 
Mushroom Quiche 
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking School.” 
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them. 
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!