Since pannekoeken has more egg than flour, it seemed like a candidate for a flourless recipe for our friends that can’t eat wheat flour. It works. Here’s the recipe.
1/4 cup butter
3 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup rice flour or gluten-free blend
1. Place the butter in a pannekoeken pan or an ovenproof skillet with rounded sides.
2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put the rack in the center, not the top, shelf. When you turn the oven on, place the pan with the butter in the oven. When the oven reaches 250 degrees the butter should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
3. Whisk the eggs and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Whisk in the rice flour or gluten-free blend until nearly smooth. Your batter is now ready.
4. Pour the batter into the pan.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown. Serve hot with your favorite syrup.
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Free How to Bake E-book: Learn the art and science of baking with our free “How to Bake” E-book. With 445 pages, you will learn the techniques the pros use. Just tell us where to send it.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!