This pannekoeken is loaded with a creamy chocolate filing, sliced bananas, and topped with whipped cream.
The recipe makes a lot of chocolate cream. If you choose, use only part of it for the pannekoeken and save the rest for another dessert.
Note that this is a mousse filling made with raw eggs. Consider using pasteurized eggs. If you prefer, you can substitute dark chocolate pudding.
For the Pannekoeken:
1/4 cup butter
3 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Place the butter in a Dutch Baby pan or an ovenproof skillet with rounded sides.
2. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put the rack in the center, not the top, shelf. When you turn the oven on, place the pan with the butter in the oven. When the oven reaches 250 degrees the butter should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
3. Whisk the eggs and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Whisk in the flour until nearly smooth. Your batter is now ready.
4. Pour the batter into the pan.
5. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown.
For the filling:
1 1/3 cups dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 large egg yolks
6 large egg whites
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together stirring as needed until smooth. Add the egg yolks one at a time and stir in.
2. In a separate glass or metal bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks appear. Drizzle in the sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks appear.
3. Fold in the chocolate and butter mixture.
To assemble the pannekoeken:
Spread the chocolate mousse over the bottom of the pannekoeken. Top with sliced bananas. Garnish with whipped cream.
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Free How to Bake E-book: Learn the art and science of baking with our free “How to Bake” E-book. With 445 pages, you will learn the techniques the pros use. Just tell us where to send it.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!