We’ve been intrigued by gingerbread pancakes for some time. We checked out several recipes, did a little experimenting, and this is the recipe that we ended up with. These pancakes work fine with maple syrup but our favorite is our blueberry syrup.
Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 cup molasses crystals
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup milk (plus more as needed for the right consistency—about 1 1/2 cups)
Note: Instead of molasses crystals, you may use liquid molasses. Do not use blackstrap or other strong-tasting molasses.
Visit The Pancake Center
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices until well-dispersed.
2. In a large bowl, mix the molasses, eggs, sour cream, melted butter, and milk. Let the mixture sit for a minute to soften the molasses crystals and then stir until they are dissolved.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the two are just combined, adding more milk if needed. Some lumps will remain.
4. Cook on a very hot griddle.
Perfect Pancakes deserve great syrups. Discover the Best
The Prepared Pantry offers a great selection of gourmet pancake mixes:
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Baked Apple Pancake Mix
- Honey Gold Pancake Mix
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix
- Country Wheat Pancake Mix
- Mayan Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Mix
- Maple Chip Pancake Mix.
- Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake Mix
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancake Mix
- Texas Corn Cakes