This just-sweet-enough quick bread works very well as mini loaves. Wrap them in cellophane, tie a ribbon on each, and give them to your friends.
The combination of macadamia nuts, pineapple, coconut, and orange is perfect.
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest from one orange
orange juice and evaporated milk to make one cup
3 large eggs
2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
2/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup shredded coconut
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together.
- Mix the melted butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, zest, orange juice and milk, and eggs together. Add the nuts and coconut.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet. Blend the mixture only until moistened.
- Grease and flour pans and scoop mixture into pans, they will seem full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.