Baked French toast is a soft French toast made by layering the bread and egg mixture in a baking pan the night before and baking it in the morning. It’s quite like a bread pudding.
This version is made with Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar. Cinnamon vanilla sugar is made with a mixture of cinnamon, granulated sugar, and dry vanilla. In the oven, the sugar melts creating a thick syrup with cinnamon and vanilla.
We use a 50/50 mixture of cinnamon vanilla sugar and sugar in other recipes—just substitute the mixture for the sugar in the recipe.
This baked French toast is made up the night before in an 8 1/2 x 13-inch pan. In the morning, you just pop it in the oven. Let it bake while you are getting ready for the day and you’ll have a wonderful breakfast for your family.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar
12 slices soft bread
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in an 8 1/2 x 13-inch baking pan. Stir in granulated sugar and the cinnamon vanilla sugar. Layer the bread two slices deep in the pan.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread. Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon over the bread. Place the pan in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the bread is browned. Serve hot with your favorite syrup or make a batch of cinnamon vanilla syrup or cinnamon vanilla whipped cream to serve with it.
Top Your French toast with These
Cinnamon Vanilla Cream Syrup
This is a multi-purpose syrup. It works on your pancakes and it works very well on desserts and ice cream as well.
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup cinnamon vanilla sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup
4 tablespoons butter
Mix the cornstarch with the two sugars in a saucepan with a whisk until the cornstarch is well dispersed. Add the cream and corn syrup and heat until bubbly and thick, stirring often. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter.
Cinnamon Vanilla Whipped Cream
This is a luscious whipped cream to use on any dessert, even in a cup of hot cocoa. It is perfect on apple or pumpkin pies. The cinnamon in this recipe turns the whipped cream soft, light cinnamon color.
This cinnamon whipped cream takes no longer to make than regular whipped cream—it’s just a lot better.
2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup cinnamon vanilla sugar
Whip the cream to soft peaks. Add the cinnamon vanilla sugar and continue whipping. If you would like it sweeter, add granulated sugar.
- How to Bake Like a Pro with Pastry Fillings! We use pastry fillings in anything from French toast to turnovers and cinnamon rolls to give any treat a burst of flavor.
- How to Make Scrumptious Weekend Breakfasts! Make 12 more scrumptious lazy weekend breakfasts like diner-style hash browns, banana bread French toast, and restaurant-quality pancakes.
- Tips for French Toast! These great tips will help you to never have overcooked, soggy, or flavorless French toast again.
- French Fried PB&J Stuffed French Toast! Often, we make PB&J as a simple sandwich, but this battered and fried French toast sandwich takes the classic pairing to the next level.
Learn more at the “French Toast Resource Center.“
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!