We love cinnamon chip banana bread, our all-time favorite banana bread. This is a butterscotch chip variation.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
2 large eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 teaspoon butterscotch flavor
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and butter together. Add the eggs, and beat well.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and flavor.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the sugar and butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears. Fold in the chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set on a rack to cool for 15 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and cool completely on the rack before slicing.
Banana bread is best wrapped in foil and chilled until the next day.