4 large eggs, separated into whites and yolks
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch teaspoon coarse or fine ground pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup small broccoli florets
1/2 cup cooked ham, diced
1/2 teaspoon zesty Italian seasoning or other seasoning blend
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
1. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Whisk the yolks, milk, salt, and pepper together. Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
2. Heat a ten-inch, nonstick skillet until hot. Melt the butter in the pan. Pour the egg mixture into the hot pan, mounding it slightly toward the edges. Cook over low heat for five minutes or until the eggs are set on the bottom.
3. Bake for ten to twelve minutes or until done—a knife inserted in the center will come out clean.
4. While the omelet is baking, steam the mushrooms and broccoli. Stir in ham and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
5. When the omelet is done, loosen the edges with a silicone spatula. Then score the omelet with the spatula just off center. Slip the omelet onto a serving platter.
6. Spoon the vegetable mixture onto the larger half of the omelet. Sprinkle cheese over the vegetable mixture. Fold the smaller half over the omelet. Garnish with more shredded cheese. Serve hot.
Print This Post