This stroganoff-like dish is easy to make in the microwave. You’ll save time, avoid working over a hot stove, and your family will never guess that you made it in the microwave.
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
1 cup sour cream
1 cup white rice
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon fresh green onion, chopped
- Pound the chicken breast with a meat mallet until each breast is about half as thick as its original size.
- Mix the sherry, chicken broth, and mustard together in a 8 X 11 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Pour the rice into the broth mixture and place the chicken breasts to sit atop the rice.
- Spread the sour cream over the chicken breasts. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Distribute the mushrooms, onions, parsley, and green onions evenly over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place the covered dish in the microwave and microwave on high for 16 minutes or until the chicken breasts are done—check the meat temperature in several places with a kitchen thermometer—and the rice is done. The temperature should reach 170 degrees. Be careful not to overcook your dish. Serve hot.