This is a donut recipe made in a mini bundt cake pan. The advantage of doing so is baked rather than fried donuts. They are especially attractive made in the little fluted molds. These were rolled in cinnamon and sugar mixture. They could also be rolled in a cinnamon vanilla sugar mixture.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 large egg
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray non stick spray onto mini bundt pan molds.
- Mix flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl with a whisk.
- Beat the egg, melted butter, milk, and vanilla in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into molds equally. This will fill 12 mini bundt pan molds. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- While the donuts are baking, mix the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together.
- When the donuts are done, remove them form the mold and roll them in the sugar and cinnamon mixture while they are still warm.