At one time, IHOP® restaurants served a lingonberry crepe, a crepe with a cream cheese filling and topped with a lingonberry spread. It was wonderful. This is our own version with a filling that includes finely chopped walnuts.
For the crêpes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and salt. Add to the flour and whip to a smooth batter. Refrigerate the batter for two hours.
- Heat a nine-inch crêpe pan on medium high heat. Brush with butter.
- Measure batter into the hot pan. Immediately tilt and rotate the pan so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the bottom of the crêpe is a nice even, golden brown.
- Use a pallet knife or thin, sturdy spatula to turn the crêpe. Cook the second side only it is a blonde color, not as dark as the first side.
- Remove the crêpe to a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper and repeat with the rest of the batter.
For the cream cheese filling
12 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
1 large egg yolk
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- With an electric mixer, blend all ingredients together until smooth.
To assemble your crêpes
- Fill your crêpes, folding as desired, with the cream cheese filling.
- Spoon lingonberry spread over the crêpes.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Berry Vanilla Custard Crepes
- Coconut Mango Paradise Crêpes
- Cherry Jam Cream Cheese Crêpes
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!