Orange and walnuts  make a wonderful combination in a morning muffin. This muffin recipe makes muffins that are light and cake-like and sure to be a hit with your family. We topped these muffins with a cinnamon  and turbinado sugar topping for a touch more flavor and a delightful crunch. We think this will become a favorite family recipe.
Cinnamon Orange Walnut Muffin Recipe
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons orange zest
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup walnut  pieces
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar 
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
Visit The Scone and Muffin Center 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mix the flour, zest, leaveners, cinnamon , and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. Cream the butter and granulated sugar together. Add the vanilla and then the eggs, beating after each. Beat until light and fluffy. Mix in the sour cream and orange juice.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture mixing only until combined. Add the walnuts .
4. Fill twelve well-greased muffin tins. Mix the turbinado sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon  together in a small bowl or cup. Sprinkle over the batter in the muffin tins.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Remove the muffins to a wire rack to cool.