This makes an unusual pizza reminiscent of a baked potato.
When first introduced to this pizza, we thought that potatoes on a pizza would be too much starch. With just a few waxy red potatoes, it was not. This is an enjoyable pizza.
1 pizza crust mix or recipe made per directions for a 14 or 15 inch pizza
2 medium red potatoes
4 slices bacon
1/2 medium-sized white onion, thinly sliced.
1/2 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
1 1/3 cups ranch dip
3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
pizza spices, as desired
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Microwave the bacon until it is barely cooked. Snip it into 1-inch pieces and set it aside.
- Microwave the potatoes for 3 minutes on high. They should be slightly undercooked. When they are cool enough to handle, slice them into 1/8-inch slices and set them aside.
- Make the pizza dough and roll it out in the pan using a pizza roller.
- Spread the ranch dip over the uncooked dough. Place the potatoes evenly over the dip. Evenly distribute the bacon pieces over the potatoes and then the onions and chives. Spread the cheeses evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with pizza spices, as desired.
- Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until the edges of the crust are browned and the cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Baking times will vary depending on the pan and the toppings.
- Remove the pizza from the oven. Slide the pizza to a cutting board and cut with a pizza roller. Serve immediately.
If you like this page, please share it with a friend. If you are not a subscriber and would like to receive recipes and articles like this each week, click here.