This spinach quiche is very similar to our spinach and swiss quiche, but we added some diced onion and nutmeg for a little extra flavor. The nutmeg pairs nicely with the swiss cheese, giving a bit of contrast.
You can also make any substitutions to the recipe below. Check out the additional resources below to learn how to make any quiche you can imagine.
- 1 pie crust shell
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup spinach, cooked, chopped and drained
- 3/4 cup onion, diced and sautéed until nearly cooked
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the oven rack on the lower 1/3.
- From the crust in a nine-inch pan, preferably a silver or light colored pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir in the spinach, onion, and grated cheese. Pour the filling into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake until the internal temperature of the filling is at least 165 degrees but not more than 185 degrees (about 45 minutes).
Complete Culinary School without Tuition!
Learn the art and science of baking with our free “How to Bake” ebook. With 453 pages, you will learn the techniques the pros use.