We can’t make up our minds: Are these chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter or peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips. Either way, these are great. Since these are loaded with peanuts, they are even better. Add this to your favorite recipe file.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups salted snack-type peanuts
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugars together with the paddle attachment of your mixer.
- Add the salt, peanut butter, honey, egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda and beat until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Drop tablespoons of dough on an ungreased baking sheet leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Pat the dough down with the back of a spoon until 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for nine minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, let them sit for about one minute, and then remove them to a wire rack to cool.
For a less chocolatey cookie, use milk chocolate chips.
Baker’s Note: There is quite a difference in the consistency of peanut butters. This recipe was developed using Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter. Other brands with hydrogenated oil may make for a stiffer dough. If your dough is stiff enough to do so, make the dough into balls and flatten them to a thickness of 1/2 inch.