We’ve been making these pumpkin fritters for a long time. They are wonderful for supper on a chilly fall evening served alongside a soup or a salad. We serve them hot, drizzled with maple. The corn in these fritters complements the pumpkin well.
Pumpkin Fritter Recipe
You deep fry these pumpkin fritters just as you would French fries. The fritter batter mixes together quickly so this is a quick dish to put together for those evenings when you just don’t have a lot of time. It’s also very economical.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups grated, raw pumpkin
- 1 cup frozen or drained canned corn kernels
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together in a large bowl.
- Add the milk and eggs and stir until mixed. Add the pumpkin and corn kernels.
- In a deep fryer or heavy pan, heat enough vegetable oil for deep frying.
- The oil should be very hot, 375 degrees.
- Drop three or four large spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil.
- Let the batter cook for three or four minutes, turning once, or until they just start to brown.
- Remove the pumpkin fritters to dry on paper towels. Serve immediately drizzled with maple syrup.