This is simply a snickerdoodle recipe with chocolate chips added. With the addition of chocolate chips, flour was increased just slightly, and they seem to take just a bit longer to bake. You can use either milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips.
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup (10 2/3 tablespoons) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the sugar, salt, and butter. Beat in the eggs one at time. Continue beating until the mixture is light and fluffy, at least four minutes.
- Add the vanilla, flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Chill the dough for one hour.
- With your hands, form the dough into one inch or slightly larger, balls. Mix the remaining sugar and cinnamon together. Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place the balls on an ungreased baking sheet about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart and bake for 11 minutes or until done.
- Do not over bake. Cool on wire racks.
- Spoon the flour lightly into the measuring cups. If you scoop the flour, you will pack the flour into the measure and have too much flour resulting in a drier cookie.
- Do not beat the dough any more than necessary to combine the ingredients. Extra beating will make the cookies tough.