There are a ton of banana crepe recipes with Bananas Foster Crêpes being the most famous. In this one, we wanted a banana filling loaded with nuts so that it was very nutty. We topped it with hazelnut fudge topping.
For the crêpes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pinch salt
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vegetable oil, and salt. Add to the flour and whip to a smooth batter. Refrigerate the batter for two hours.
- Heat a nine-inch crêpe pan on medium high heat. Brush with butter.
- Measure batter into the hot pan. Immediately tilt and rotate the pan so that the batter covers the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Cook until bubbles appear and the bottom of the crêpe is a nice even, golden brown.
- Use a pallet knife or thin, sturdy spatula to turn the crêpe. Cook the second side only it is a blonde color, not as dark as the first side.
- Remove the crêpe to a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper and repeat with the rest of the batter.
For the filling and topping
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 cup pecans, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon rum flavoring
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Very lightly sauté the bananas in the butter until just warm.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
To assemble your crêpes
- Fill the crêpes and fold as desired.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with whipped cream. We used Hazelnut Fudge Topping. You can purchase the topping from us, use another topping, or finely chop hazelnuts and add them to your topping.
- Berry Vanilla Custard Crepes
- Coconut Mango Paradise Crêpes
- Cherry Jam Cream Cheese Crêpes
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, tell us where to send them.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!