- Don’t over mix your batter. Mixing develops the gluten and creates a tougher texture instead of the tender texture that we all love.
- Consider using a springform pan. Snap the ring off and it’s easy to remove nice, neat slices. Your coffeecake presents nicely on a springform base.
- Coffeecakes are best warm. Time your baking to serve your coffeecake 20 minutes after it comes from the oven.
- Store leftover coffeecake at room temperature. Refrigeration actually speeds staling of the cake.
- Reheat leftovers in a warm (300 degrees) oven for fifteen minutes. Wrap the cake in aluminum foil before heating.
- Individual slices can be frozen for up to three months. Wrap the slices in aluminum foil and place the slices in a heavy plastic bag.
Print This Post