This is made with our new toasted coconut sprinkles. It’s what the bake shops use to sprinkle on their donuts. This was the star of the show and absolutely outstanding.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 3-4 slices bread
- toasted coconut sprinkles
- Whisk two eggs and the milk or cream together along with the salt.
- Dip the bread, one slice at a time, in egg mixture coating both sides. Place the dipped bread in a medium hot skillet that has been lightly buttered.
- Immediately sprinkle the toasted coconut sprinkles over the bread. We put a nice heavy coating of sprinkles on the bread but you can add whatever you desire.
- Cook the bread for about three minutes or until it starts to brown on the bottom.
- Turn the bread over and cook the coated side for about two minutes or until done. Remove the bread to a platter and serve hot.
Set the temperature for the pan a little lower than what you would for most French toast. The sugar in the mixture will caramelize quickly against the hot pan. A slightly lower heat will help assure against burning.