“Here you will find tips, tools, and recipes to make wonderful smoothies.”
How to make a rich and creamy smoothie.
Smoothies are often made with ice cubes and frozen juice. We prefer frozen yogurt or a scoop of ice cream. This makes them rich and creamy. They are still good for you, loaded up with fresh or frozen fruit. And they are so refreshing.
Tips for Great Smoothies
- Chill the blender container before beginning so that the warmer container does not melt the ice cream.
- Chill the glasses.
- Judge the ratio of strawberries to ice cream by the color of the shake. Add more strawberries if the shake needs more color. The shake should be an attractive pink color.
- Use only the best berries.
- A scoop or two will do you. Don’t add too much frozen yogurt or ice cream. Make it just a bit rich, not an ice cream shake.
- Frozen fruits are best. Without frozen fruit, you will be tempted to add too much frozen yogurt or ice.
- Keep it simple. Too many flavors are confusing to the palate. The very best smoothies have only three or four flavors.
- If it’s ripe, freeze it. Frozen bananas, strawberries and peaches, make great smoothies.
- Tropical Breeze Smoothies: As with all smoothies, this is quick and easy to make. And as with all smoothies, you can vary the quantities of ingredients to fit your taste.
- The Best Strawberry Shake: What could be better than a tall strawberry shake? You’ll find that you can deliver a better shake than the local car hop. This one is loaded with fresh berries, premium ice cream, and topped with whipped cream.
- Berry Banana Smoothies: As with all smoothies, this is quick and easy to make. And as with all smoothies, you can vary the quantities of ingredients to fit your taste.
- Sunshine Smoothie: Looking for a quick breakfast that will get you or the kids going? Try this sunshine smoothie that is loaded with energy and vitamins. Juice the fruit the night before and you can have it ready in no time.
- Banana Smoothie Recipes: Bananas make smooth, delectable smoothies with a flavor that complements everything from strawberries to chocolate. Here you will find some favorite recipes using bananas.