This is a traditional turkey dish, turkey in a white sauce served over rice. We added slivered almonds and peas. Consider adding carrot slices or pimentos for a touch of color.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 3 cups turkey, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas
- steamed rice
- Melt the butter over low heat in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir until the butter and flour make a smooth paste.
- Heat the broth, milk, and cream in a microwave safe bowl until hot. Add a little of the liquid to pan and stir with a whisk until smooth. Slowly pour the rest of the liquid into the pan, stirring with the whisk as you go. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook the white sauce until it is bubbly and thickened, stirring often. Add the turkey, green peas, and almonds. Serve over the steamed rice.