So you like the idea of making your own pancake mix? It’s economical, you know what’s in it, and it’s better than what you buy in the store. But you would like to have a really healthy pancake mix, one that is 100% whole wheat. Here’s the recipe that you’re looking for:
100% Whole Wheat Pancake Mix Recipe
Here’s the 100% whole wheat pancake mix that you have been looking for. Because it is made with whole wheat, it won’t keep as long as a mix sold in the store but it’s better for you with no preservatives and more buttermilk. Keep the mix in a cool dark place, in an airtight canister, and use it within six months. For longer storage, keep it in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
To use your mix:
- Measure the desired mix into a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk one egg for every 1 to 1 1/2 cups of mix.
- Add 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter or oil to the egg for every one cup of mix.
- Add 2/3 cup water to the egg mixture for every one cup of mix. Add the liquid mixture to the mix and stir until just combined. The batter will probably be too dry so add more water to reach the desired consistency.
Perfect Pancakes deserve great syrups. Discover the Best
The Prepared Pantry offers a great selection of gourmet pancake mixes:
- Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- Baked Apple Pancake Mix
- Honey Gold Pancake Mix
- Gingerbread Pancake Mix
- Country Wheat Pancake Mix
- Mayan Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix
- Cinnamon Chip Pancake Mix
- Maple Chip Pancake Mix.
- Raspberry Sour Cream Pancake Mix
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancake Mix
- Texas Corn Cakes