This recipe is sized for a nine or ten inch cheesecake but the same crust can be used for a pie.
- 2 cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- Crush the cookies. (The easiest way to create the crumbs is with a food processor.)
- Mix the crumbs, sugar, and melted butter in a nine or ten-inch springform pan. Press the mixture into a crust across the bottom of the pan and up the sides.
- Put the crust in the refrigerator to set up while you prepare the filling.
Baker’s note: There is now a wide variety of springform pans to choose from: round, glass base, square, heart-shaped, rectangular, and silicone. We prefer the silicone pans with their leak proof seals, easy release, and easy clean-up.