We added blueberries to a traditional pannekoeken recipe and then topped it with honey-whipped cream cheese. It was very good.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup more or less fresh or individually frozen blueberries
- Place the butter in a pannekoeken pan or an ovenproof skillet with rounded sides (in the picture we used large muffin tins to make mini pannekoeken).
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put the rack in the center, not the top, shelf. When you turn the oven on, place the pan with the butter in the oven. When the oven reaches 250 degrees the butter should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Whisk the eggs and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Whisk in the rice flour or gluten-free blend until nearly smooth. Your batter is now ready.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the blueberries over the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown. Serve hot with your favorite syrup or Honey Whipped Cream Cheese.
Honey Whipped Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)
Place all three ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until soft and smooth.
Make Delightful Meals for Your Family with Toads in a Hole
How to Make Amazing Cinnamon Chip Pancakes
How to Make Crispy Hashbrowns Like at the Diner
How to Make Miniature German Pancakes in 14 Minutes
Learn more at the “German Pancakes and Pannekoeken Resource Center.“
Join us at the “How to Bake Cooking Club.”
Free How to Bake E-book: Learn the art and science of baking with our free “How to Bake” E-book. With 445 pages, you will learn the techniques the pros use. Just tell us where to send it.
Follow us. If you would like to follow us and receive more articles and offers, let us know here.
Share this with your friends who love to cook and bake!